Marty Nelson: Buy
"Ain't Nothin' Sweeter Than Your Love"
"Freestyle - An American Dream"
"Count Yourself Lucky"
This album features a variety of composing styles- from Folk Americana to Retro Pop/Rock to Jazz. It is an intimate album of acoustic based music with the universal themes of life and love. Passionate, sensitive and personal (with a touch of fun).
- Buy This At CD BABY
Your Love Is What I Need
This latest original jazz release by Marty (a founder of the original Manhattan Transfer) is a fun solo in the style of Peggy Lee’s “Fever” with a nice touch of original scat and a bit of Jersey Shore Springsteen growl
- Buy This at CD BABY
Jersey Shore Local - 11:59 PM
"Jersey Shore Local" is a collection of music featuring Marty's commentary on American lifestyles and morays:
1. (1980's Style Rocker) "Benny, Bobby and Suzanne" is about a Jersey Shore love triangle during the 1980's. It features driving guitars and vocals. Jersey Shore Locals will know exactly the inference of the name "Benny" (think North Jersey down-for-the-dayers).
2. (Jersey Shore Country Style)"You Can't Go Home" is the story of teenage girl who becomes pregnant from a Jersey Shore summer romance and is forced to leave her parents' home to fend for herself.
3. (Classic R&B Dance Style) Real Love" was originally written for an R&B female soloist, but the original vocal by Marty Nelson remains. Even though the lyrics were written from a female perspective, it works well regardless of sexual persuasion.
4. (Orchestrated Epic Song) "Boy With A Gun" is a commentary on America's often tragic love affair with guns . . . their appeal, necessity and life-altering use. (From innocent childhood fascination to our nation's army of youth to our society's faceoff of law enforcers vs deviants).
- Buy "Jersey Shore Local" digital download at CD Baby
This album is a love story put to music: Finding love, losing it, reclaiming it and celebrating it. The songs are intimate, timeless and real. These songs span a variety of musical styles and recording eras. As a true harmony junkie, Marty sings all the parts on all the cuts.
From very "un-plugged" piano/vocal tracks to fully orchestrated productions, this album reflects his wide appreciation of all the musical influences in his life. From street corner Doo-wop to lush harmonic ballads to power pop, Marty allows the musical genre to dictate the framework of each track as his lyrics rise and ride to the poetic passion of the moment.
As a Jersey Shore kid, he was weaned on the beach-blanket transistor radio sounds of Cousin Brucie blending magically with the breaking surf and the distant Asbury Park boardwalk carousel calliope … truly a golden age of music and memories.
Marty hopes you enjoy his work, and perhaps even drift into that special romantic memory locked inside.
- Buy "Your Love" at CD BABY